Here is a brief update through photos. For those of you who don't enjoy the technical details, I'll try to post something less technical soon!
|The left wing extension is drilled and temporarily mounted to the wing to check the fit.|
|Another view of the 182 with the left wing extension in place. In the background you can see Gospel Carrier International's King Air 200. The propellers for the King Air are also visible in the picture, on the hangar floor, ready for installation.|
|Now that we're finished working through the new inspection holes, we can install stiffening rings and covers.|
|Now that the wing extensions are drilled, trimmed, and riveted into their final shape, we're able to finish off the wiring. The box mounted to the wing extension is the strobe unit, and the other wires are for the navigation lights.|
|After getting the right wing extension installed, we did the same thing on the left side. Jim is just touching up a few areas with gray primer. This view also shows the new VGs we installed on the wing extension.|
Thanks for reading! Check back soon for my final update!